Click here to see more info on our servers, network, facility and software.
What can/does Hostasaurus.Com do?
The Hostasaurus.Com staff come from various backgrounds in information technology with all administration and senior support personnel having a minimum of a 4-year degree in an engineering or computer-science discipline.
Our staff didn't "get into" computers for the work, we have been here all along providing great web hosting and colocation services as well as providing contract services in a variety of fields.
The Internet has come a long way in the last decade, and Hostasaurus staff were there every step of the way, beginning
with the days when "being online" meant dialing up a bulletin board that your neighbor was running out of his
garage! Now we're not claiming that we invented the Internet or anything, but we have been involved in computer networking and system administration for a long time
and we take pride in knowing quite a bit about it.
Hostasaurus, the company, started when a group of frustrated people had enough of the bad service and low
quality services they were receiving from various hosting providers. Outages and other problems convinced
this group to take matters into their own hands. Thinking that others must have the same issues, Hostasaurus
Web Hosting opened to the general public in 1999 to provide high quality and ultra-reliable hosting services.
Hostasaurus is a privately held Florida corporation operating with no debt and we own all of our servers, network equipment, tape libraries and associated hardware; we are NOT a reseller of any other company's hosting service nor do we place our customer's sites on any other company's servers. We do our own Internet routing using our own IP addresses unlike many competitors who claim to run their networks when actually just being a customer of someone else themselves.
What makes Hostasaurus engineers so great?
The Hostasaurus.Com staff is a team of experts in their respective areas. The following is a short list of credentials and areas of expertise.
- Our Staff Has:
- Foundry switching and routing expertise.
- Foundry ServerIron firewall load balancing/clustering expertise including Checkpoint Firewall-1 and Site-To-Site high-availability VPN configuration.
- Cisco switching and routing expertise.
- Checkpoint Firewall-1 expertise in stand-alone and clustered configurations on Solaris, Linux and NT.
- Experience with many types of Unix, primarily RedHat Linux (x86, SPARC and Alpha) and Sun Solaris (x86 and SPARC) on workstations through Enterprise 10000's.
- Experience with most Microsoft operating systems including Terminal Server and Citrix Metaframe.
- Experience with many web technologies from designing to authoring to serving.
- Enterprise hardware expertise including Dell PowerEdge, HP Proliant, HP Integrity 64-bit, Sun Enterprise servers including the E10K/E15K.
- Network management expertise including the development of custom SNMP management solutions.
- Multi-vendor Voice over IP (VoIP) expertise including the implementation of complete corporate-level voice solutions using the data network.
- Programming experience in C, C++, Perl, PHP, and shell, especially as they apply to CGI programs.
- Allaire ColdFusion server expertise.
- Lyris mailing list server expertise.
- Certifications as Sun Certified Systems Engineers in Solaris.
- Certifications as Citrix Certified Administrators.
- Certifications in MS Exchange, MS System Management Server, Internet Information Server.
- Certifications as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers (MCSE) and Microsoft Certified Professionals + Internet (MCP+I), including multiple staff members with perfect scores on specific exams.
Hostasaurus.Com Business Partnerships:
To help customers implement their E-Commerce ideas, Hostasaurus.Com has entered into partnerships or affiliate agreements with Miva Corporation, GeoTrust, Comodo, McAfee, Thawte and several others. Miva Merchant Corporation authors many software products from order processing to complete shopping solutions. Thawte is a leading internet provider of digital certificates. These products are available at a discount on select Hostasaurus.Com hosting plans.
Copyright Hostasaurus, Inc. 2000-2003
Miva, Miva Engine, Miva Empresa, Miva Mia, Miva Merchant and the Miva Corp. Blade logo are trademarks of Miva Corporation.
Lyris List Software, Lyris List Manager, Lyris, and the Lyris logo are trademarks of Lyris Technology, Inc.
Versigin, Thawte and logos are trademarks of VeriSign, Inc.
Urchin and logo are trademarks of Urchin Software Corporation.
OpenXB and Copernicus logos are trademarks of Copernicus, LLC.